Friday 14 September 2012

A Lovely Surprise!


So there I was contemplating the weekend, and catching up on my favourite blogs before Sprout arrived home, when to my surprise I discovered that I had been nominated to receive the One Lovely Blog Award by The Headmaster’s Handbag. What a perfect way to start the weekend!



A big, big thank you to the Headmaster’s Wife!! Do pop over to her blog and follow the adventures of the Headmaster’s family as they settle into their new home in Kenya.

A condition of accepting the award means that I have to divulge 7 things about myself!!! Here you are -

1.  I LOVE cheese. Pretty much any kind will do, and I could quite happily eat it all day along. In fact, such is my love for it that I fail to see the point of spoiling a good chunk of cheese with a biscuit.

2.This time in 92 days I will be married. So much to do, so much to do including the oh-so-tiny matter of moving house at some point preferably prior to the wedding!!

3.I once had a job as a hop picker! I had to hang the hops on hooks before they entered a machine that stripped all the hops off. My hands have never ached quite so much and I seem to remember we had to use a large quantity of talcum powder to ease the welts that sprang up all over them. The one bonus of this foray into manual labour was that I was the only girl amongst quite a sizeable group of boys – RESULT!

4.  I love looking round other people’s houses. Some might call this being nosy; in fact some former colleagues still marvel at my ability to get myself invited to people’s houses for a ‘good nose’, and joke that they need to lock their drawers before I come round!! In reality, I just like to be able to picture where someone lives when I’m talking to them.

5. Symmetrical houses are just fantastic. There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a property big or small and being able to appreciate its symmetry. Bliss….

6.  I’m a tiny bit OCD about my displays at school being straight, symmetrical and balanced – although I like to think I’m gradually weaning myself out of this habit?? I remember in a previous job a colleague of mine put up a border that wasn’t quite straight enough for my liking and I literally willed myself to leave it as it was. I think I lasted a day max!! I’m also quite fussy about my display labels – they need to be cut out with a border, laminated and then cut out once more leaving a little laminate border. Again I’ve embarked on the weaning process…..

7. One of the most valuable DIY lesson’s I have learnt is to know when to get the professionals in!! If I had the time and money, I would definitely re-train to be a plasterer, plumber and electrician. Building I can take or leave, but to be able plaster a room or re-plumb/wire a house would quite frankly make my day… And save me some money too!!


So enough about me, and on to the part where I nominate some fellow bloggers to receive the award too -


Lashes and Little Ones    

Maillardville Manor    

Honey We're Home   

The Handmade Home   

The Lettered Cottage   


As Autumn is well and truly making its presence known, put your feet up, relax and have a look at these fabulous blogs – I hope you enjoy reading them!!



Sprout’s House
           Xox


No comments:

Post a Comment